Thursday, April 21, 2011

A place not to miss! - Alu-Alu Restaurant, Gayana Eco Resort, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah



Hey everyone!

Sorry for the late update on the food review. 
Connection has not been really friendly to me for the past few days.
Well..anyways..I'm back with the updates on 
Alu-Alu Restaurant, Gayana Eco Resort! 


A few days back, a few lucky bloggers like Eric, Chan, Chucky, Angelina and I
were selected to go on a trip to Gayana Eco Resort's
famous restaurant, Alu-Alu Restaurant! Breeze Magazine's crew, 
Maggie and also DJ Cassie and Rica of Hitz.fm KK joined us for dinner too!






We all got this complimentary USB thumbdrive! xD 











If you look closer..This fish is actually really REALLY BIG!
 I was shocked myself when I saw it myself!


I love sea urchins! So cute!!
These were HUGE!!!
DJ Rica and Cassie





Paparazzi in the making! 















Beautiful view outside of Alu-Alu Restaurant!





Love the decorations!








This is the head chef, Chef Ah Kiong.
He is the chef behind all these mouth watering dishes!

Here are the awesome dishes...
Four Season Island Combination 

-Oxtail Vietnam Style
-Deep Fried Skinless Prawn with mixed Fruit Salad topped with Mayonnaise
-Gayana Special Marinated Pacific Clam & Jelly Fish with Thai's Sauce
-Deep Fried Cuttlefish Ball with Mozzarella Cheese

Braised Fish Maw Soup with Crab Meat

This portion was made perfectly for each individual! Not too much,
not too little but just right! To be honest, this taste so much nicer than Shark Fin Soup!

Steamed Whole Seabass with 'Ba Jiao' Sauce

This is one of the freshest fish that I have eaten so far!
The sauce had a bit of a sweet and soury thai kind of flavour!
Words couldn't express the expressions on our faces after we ate this!
I would love to go back to Alu-Alu Restaurant for this again!

Alu-Alu Chef's Special Crispy Peach Chicken

Sweet chewy peach chicken was one of the dishes that cleared
up in less than 10 mins! We all just love this!

Steamed Strombus Canarium Shell

Chef's Special Homemade Seafood Beancurd

The sauce went so well with the tofu! Yum ~ and I can only say this..
I LOVE TOFU!!

Deep Fried Prawn with Egg Floss

Everyone's eyes were sparkling when they saw this!
I kept eating the floss around it! So irresistible!

Broccoli with Black Mushroom and Beancurd Stick

I love this dish!! The taste was just perfect!
The mushrooms didn't have that bitter taste unlike
other places their mushrooms have a weird bittery taste..

Pan Fried Lamb Chop with Rosemary Sauce.

Wok Fried Rice with Golden Garlic
*Picture credits to Angelina*

This fried rice was so so yummy! Just simple and nice!
I love the garlic all over the rice! Yum~

Chilled Coconut Puding with Cream Mousse

My ultimate favourite dessert for the night!
I'm a big fan of coconut pudding and this coconut pudding
is one of the most yummiest one I've had so far! 

The view that night before we left!
Eerie yet lovely!

Thank you so much to Gayana Eco Resort for giving us 
this opportunity to have the dinner experience.


For those who are planning a honeymoon or just a trip somewhere..
Gayana Eco Resort is one place I would recommend 
you guys to go to. Food is simply amazing! 

Click on Alu-Alu Set Dinner Promotion to know more!

You can contact Symington Jenkins at
+6013 860 6220 / +088 380 390 / 088- 381 390 (fax). 

You can also email him at :

For more information about Alu-Alu, Gayana Resort and
Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa, please visit 


No comments:

Post a Comment