Mercato Restaurant | Avangio Hotel , Metro Town | Kota Kinabalu

A few weeks ago,
Roy and I were invited to check out Mercato Restaurant, Avangio Hotel in Metrotown with some bloggers..
We were invited to dine in for their buffet session. I have never been to Avangio Hotel before
so this was quite an exciting moment for me! I have been working out HARD for the past few weeks
and all I want to do is to eat and be happy!
Body needs some food!

I really love the atmosphere in Mercato!
How can you not want to eat when its a BUFFET?

(In case you're wondering, Mercato means Market in Italian.)

Here we have the desserts! Love the whole setup!


This was my favourite section out of everything else.
They serve kuihs, Swiss rolls, cakes, puddings and loads more.

If you like finger food, they've got Samosa, dumplings, spring rolls and many more!


How often do you see a buffet serving Hinava!
Love the presentation! So cute!

They serve a variety of food ranging from Western to Asian and also some local delicacies into their menu.
Here are some of their mains which I didn't snap much of it because there were quite a number of people around
and they wanted to grab their food in peace.

Tuaran Noodles aka Tuaran Mee

Something that always reminded me of my hometown, Tuaran.
This is what we eat back at home everytime I go back to visit my grandparents when I was a kid.
Love Tuaran Mee!

Chicken Kung Pau Sauce

This was really good! Not only its tasty but it is also quite tender!
Boneless and tender. Win!

Beef Rendang with Peanut Sauce 

This was also really good!
Roy took this and I tried it out and I love how it tasted!
Beef wasn't too tough but just nice and tender.

  Lamb Madras

I dont eat lamb but I know a few of the bloggers mentioned that this was really good!
Doesn't have that very strong meaty flavour that you get from beef and lamb
so that's a good sign.

If you love your chillis, this is for you!
You have chilli sauce, bird eye chilli with soy sauce, sweet chilli sauce, and lots more!

Mushroom Soup & Fish Maw Soup

I know I love the mushroom soup!
Anything mushroom is a yes for me and I like how its not the usual instant mushroom soup.
It has actual mushrooms blended in the soup.

Some bread to go with your soup or just to snack on!

Orange Cordail Juice, Air Bandung and Infused Water

You can also order coffee and tea if you don't feel like having these.

Love the aesthetics in this room!

Its been a while since we all got together and took a photo.
We hardly get to meet each other so making every second count.


Being the healthjunkie that I am, I took these and I really love everything!
Not too salty or sweet but flavour was just perfect!

I think I swept the entire plate of fruits at the dessert table because I just love fruits!
This was only a quarter of what I ate.

Mango & Honeydew Pudding

I love this pudding!
Not too sweet and the texture was just nice!

L - R : Sherrie, Margarette, Dino, Maslight, Agnes, Geraldine, Me, 
Reporter from NST, Roy and Sandy

(Photo credits to Roy and Sherrie)

You can check out this picture right here!

You can enjoy the buffet for the price of 4 when you dine for 5!
So, in case you and your family don't feel like cooking at home during the weekends
or just planning to have a nice dinner out, you can check out Mercato Restaurant.

Now you might say I got sponsored to say this but no. 
I personally like the food there and I love how good the services are there. 
Very friendly staffs and also very attentive.

Also, don't worry about parking.
You have an option of parking your car at the basement and 1st Floor which is connected 
to the medical centre and the parking fee is RM1 per hour.

For more info on Avangio Hotel, click here!
Check out their website here!

Comments