Product Review : Althea A'Bloom Collection


Alrighty!
I'm very sure everyone is wondering what is in the smaller box
which I mentioned in the first post.

Well here it is...
Introducing :
The newly launched A'bloom collection by Althea!
This is basically a brand on its own which is under the Althea Exclusives
and I gotta tell you, I LOVE THE PACKAGING!
So pink, so artsy-farsty and cute!

So, I decided to try out everything and it was pretty impressive!

A'Bloom Moisturizing Watermelon Mask Sheet 
(RM2.00 per pc / RM15.00 for a pack of 10)

First off, we have the A'bloom Moisturizing Watermelon Mask Sheet.
This contains Citrullus Vulgaris (Watermelon Fruit) extract to help hydrate and moisturize the skin 
& Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) extract to help calm the skin. 
Also if you have really dry skin, this is perfect for you.
(I have Acne prone, Sensitive (with Eczema) and Dry Combo skin)

Suitable for mostly all skin types but perfect for 
Combination Skin type.

I love how soft the face mask is but only 1 thing I didn't like about it is that,
because it was too soft, it made the mask too stretchy and I accidentally stretched the
mouth part a little too wide. This face mask was slightly too large for my face but
not a big issue there.

I usually leave this on for about 10 - 20mins and not exceeding the time.
As for the remaining excess in the pack, I would use it on my hands and body.

A'Bloom Nourishing Avocado Mask Sheet
(RM2.00 per pc / RM15.00 for a pack of 10)

Then we have the A'bloom Nourishing Avocado Mask Sheet.
This contains Adenosine , Persea Gratissima (Avocado Fruit) extract and Hibiscus Sabdariffa Flower Extract that helps keep the skin soft and supple while giving it that glow. This mask is rich in antioxidants which helps to nourish and also protect the skin from any harmful environment factors as well as preventing them wrinkles.

Suitable for mostly all skin types but perfect for 
Dry Skin type.

A'Bloom Brightening Lemon Lime Mask Sheet
(RM2.00 per pc / RM15.00 for a pack of 10)

Then we have the A'bloom Nourishing Avocado Mask Sheet.
This contains Niacinamide (which is a water-soluble vitamin that works with the natural substances in your skin to help visibly improve the appearance of enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles, dullness, and a weakened surface), Citrus Limon (Lemon Fruit) extract, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime Fruit) extract (2 vitamin-C ingredients which helps to brighten the skin) and Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) extract which helps to calm the skin. 

Suitable for mostly all skin types but perfect for 
Combination Skin type.

A'Bloom Anti-Blemish Peach Mask Sheet
(RM2.00 per pc / RM15.00 for a pack of 10)

Lastly, we have the A'bloom Anti-Blemish Peach Mask Sheet.
This contains Prunus Persica (Peach Fruit) extract and Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree Leaf) extract which helps to regulate oil production in the skin, balancing out the moisture, purifying and soothing irritated and sensitive skin to achieve that smooth skin texture.This is just perfect to reduce the redness on your skin if you constantly have inflammed skin.

Suitable for mostly all skin types but perfect for 
Oily Skin type.

I personally had a small issue with this one because when I put it on, it was stinging slightly around my upper lip area as well as my chin and slightly on my cheeks too.
I wasn't sure if it was because my skin was too dry causing it to sting but I was pretty sure it was stinging but my eczema spots were fine. I decided to leave it on to see if the stinging would go away.

After removing the mask,
I still felt the stinging but not as bad as when I had the mask sheet on.
I just think there is something in the mask sheet that wasn't meant for my skin
so I'm gonna have a pass on this one.

All these masks are made of 100% Natural Eucalyptus Sheet.
This is safe for sensitive skin.

Final thoughts on the mask sheets :
I personally prefer the Watermelon Moisturizing and Avocado Nourishing mask sheets because it works well with my skin type. My eczema is always inflammed and also dry so this is just perfect. Just the perfect amount of "juice" from the mask to keep my skin hydrated and moisturized for the day. The essence in the mask is not too thick nor too watery but just the perfect consistency for it to absorb into the skin.
The smell is really nice and if you don't mind the fragrance, you will love this!

Moving on...
A'Bloom Giant Meringue Puff (RM8.00 per pc) 
Baby Meringue Puffs (RM11.00 for a pack of 3)

How cute are these puffs!
I literally squealed when I opened up my package and I couldn't wait to try it out!
These puffs are made from high density latex free foam and non-toxic material so for those of you out there who are allergic to latex, this is perfect for you!

I read on the website that these puffs are also free from Lead (Pb), Mercury (Hg)
Chrome VI (cr VI) ,Cadmium (Cd) and Antimony (Sb).

These puffs were tested in a research institute before it was distributed into the beauty market.
So glad they did this because these chemicals are pretty harmful to the skin and you don't want these in your body.

There are two ways of using these puffs :
You can either use it dry for a matte finish if you're going for that full coverage matte look.
You can also wet the puffs for a more dewy and glossy finish if you're into the dewy look.
These puffs will expand 1.5x its size after you wet it so watch it grow and be amazed!

You can use the pointy part of the Giant puff to reach the smaller and more delicate parts of your face such as under your eyes, the sides of your nose, inner corner of the eyes as well as the upper lip area.
You can even do that with the baby meringue puffs too!
Use the wider side of the puff to spread out the product over larger areas of the face and neck.

How to wash the puffs :
- Soak the puffs in running water.
- Use mild soap or baby shampoo to rinse out the dirt and gunk from the puff.
- Gently squeeze the puffs under running water until it is soap/bubble free.
- Air dry it in a cool and well ventilated area.

Be gentle with the puffs because it can easily rip and tear
if you scratch or squeeze it too hard.

These puffs are a lot more denser compared to other puffs in the market.
It doesn't absorb much of the product and I find it a little tricky for me to blend out my foundation and concealer. It took me some time to blend everything out because it doesn't spread the product out easily unlike a slightly less denser and softer puff but this is based on personal preferences.
I would prefer a softer and less denser puff.

A'Bloom Natural BHA Blackhead Blaster (RM16.00)

Lastly, we have the A'Bloom Natural BHA Blackhead Blaster.
This product helps to remove blackheads painlessly and not only blackheads but also whiteheads.

It contains Natural BHA (White Willow Back Extract 5,000ppm) (which is in charge of removing the dead skin cells while soothing it at the same time), Charcoal (absorbs excess sebum and dirt from the pores) , Apricot Seed Powder (a gentle exfoliant which helps to clean and tighten pores) and Tea Tree Leaf Oil (containing anti-bacterial properties to help keep the skin clear and free from bacteria).

Suitable for mostly all skin types but perfect for 
Oily and Combination skin type.


Bonus points for the lid!
I always appreciate the small details on keeping the product clean and hygienic!
Two thumbs up!

This is how the product looks like.

I'm not gonna lie,
I didn't try this on my skin because I don't have much blackheads or whiteheads.
I have to say I am pretty good at keeping my face clean.

So, I decided to try it on the boyfriend!
He has really flaky and dry combo skin with LOADS of blackheads but not much whiteheads.
I'm sorry if there isn't any before and after photos but only a during photo
because we got too excited until we forgot.

This is the boyfriend and his name is Roy.

First of all, I like how it was very easy to apply this product on his skin.
It glides on very easily without tugging the skin and he said it felt nice.
We both love the smell! It was pretty mild but still has that refreshing smell.
I applied on certain parts of his face which has the most blackheads.

Before application,
he has quite a lot on his cheeks closer to the nose area, some on his nose and chin area.
It was painless and pretty fun to apply!

After rinsing with lukewarm water,
I noticed that there were still some blackheads left but not as much as before the application.
Skin wasn't as dry but Roy said he felt a slight tingle with some red patches on his skin but he said it wasn't too bad. It was tolerable and it went away pretty quickly.

I guess we can't say it didn't work because for products like this,
you need to use it for multiple times to really get everything off.

Our final thoughts :
We like this! Painless and fuss free for sure.
 Easy to use, very gentle on the skin, VERY affordable,
very travel friendly and smells really nice!
This is safe for sensitive skin.

So there you have it people!
This is the new A'Bloom collection by Althea Exclusives and you guys can head over to
  Althea Korea to find out more about these products!
The packaging are just too cute and I love how they have a very pastel-y theme going on.
Very affordable and very safe to use!

As most of you know,
I am very honest bout my reviews and some may disagree with me but like I said earlier,
this is based on personal preferences and some things may work for you and some may not work for me
so please keep that in mind.

Comments